The Wulfric the Wanderer Series

The Wulfric the Wanderer Series
A Sword & Sorcery Series written by Charles Moffat

Friday, March 13, 2009

Tiny Hamburgers at Work

Have you seen the new Burger King commercial with their tiny little burgers called "BK Burger Shots".



For $1.39 each, they're gone in less than 2 bites. (That is approx. $.70 per bite.)

In theory you could chew slowly and try to enjoy them, but that would defeat the purpose of fast food wouldn't it?

The point I am making is what a FUNDAMENTAL waste of money. Sure, $1.39 may not seem like a lot, but when you consider other items on the menu at fast food restaurants why would you pick the little tiny burgers when you could pick something else?

As a man, and behalf of all meat-loving men who appreciate a good burger, I'd have to say when I'm going to plunk down cash for something to eat I usually go for the meal that gives me the "most meat for my buck". Why the heck would I buy a bunch of little tiny burgers? Shouldn't I be looking for a big-freaking-sirloin burger?

Lets take A&W for example. A&W has its new Sirloin Uncle Burger available, and its roughly the same size as the Papa Burger (which has two smaller patties, but roughly the same amount of meat).

Women, if you're reading this, yes, you read correctly. We men use considerable brain power trying to determine which burger is the BIGGEST, and sometimes which one contains the most protein (juicy sirloin or jumbo burger, so difficult to decide).

Its not just burgers either. When I am grocery shopping and lets say I am comparing Chunky soups, I buy the can with the highest % of protein content. Chunky Steak and Potato has 7 grams per 250 mL while Chunky Sirloin Burger has 8 grams per 250 mL.

It is my opinion that that BK Burger Shots are actually aimed at anorexic women who are worried about their weight. Just my opinion. Which is funny because they wouldn't be caught dead eating at Burger King.

That and children. That is right. Its a kiddie burger being marketed to adults.

To any of you men out there who eat those tiny burgers, you should be ashamed of yourself for falling for lame advertising.

No comments:

Popular Posts